Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

15 and 16 weeks

15 weeks October 7, 2011
At 15 weeks, I felt much better than before. I was still having a lot of nausea and even some vomiting, but it wasn't constant like it had been. I definitely had more energy. The most exciting thing was that at 15w 1d (10/8)I felt the baby move for the first time! It felt like someone thumped my stomach from the inside. From then I was able to feel the baby once every few days. Very comforting!
On October 12, I went to the doctor for an in-between-visits visit. I was 15 w 5d. I had gained about 6 pounds and all of my stats looked good. I made the appointment basically to ease my worry and to let me know that things were okay. Here's the skinny:
We got back into the room and the Nurse Practitioner tried to find the heart beat for several minutes and just wasn’t getting anything. I was about to freak out, thinking, “I cannot believe this is happening again!” She finally got it for just a second or two but couldn’t get a good reading from it. So she sent us over to the ultrasound tech. I wasn’t too nervous at this point because I could feel the baby pushing up against the her as she was pushing down on my stomach! We got to hear the heart beat and got to see lots of our little baby!

Everything looked great and we even got to find out what we’re having!! Looks like Addison was right, she’s going to get a SISTER!! We are so excited and thrilled that we got to find out so early! So even though it started out a bit nerve wracking it turned out to be a great appointment.

Oh, and I don't think that I posted it, but we got the 1st trimester screening results back and they are negative!! so everything looks wonderful to date and there are no indicators that anything is wrong. Praying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment