Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Fingernail Polish and Rock Concerts (among many other things)

I think I have a new favorite lunch routine! I get an hour lunch break everyday and I spend it differently each day. Sometimes I got out to eat with whichever coworker has the same lunch hour as I do. Sometimes I eat on the go and run errands the whole time, which is not relaxing and I normally come back to work very frazzled but with a sense of accomplishment. Sometimes I shop and sometimes I sit in an unused office, eating a sandwich while reading or surfing the internet. Most of the time my lunch break has little to do with actual eating (although you know I love to eat and never skip out on it).

So my new favorite thing to do is to eat quickly then go and get my nails painted! I love to have polish on my fingernails but I do a very crappy job when attempting painting them at home, so I pay to have it done. I could go after work or on the weekends but then the problem of what-to-do-with-an-active-toddler-while-waiting-on-polish-to-dry arises and I hate to get someone else to watch her even more than I already have to. So I've decided that if I want to pamper myself with a quick fingernail polish application then my lunch hour is the ideal (if not only) time to do it. So that's what I've been doing once a week for the past two weeks (Today I got dark purple! Love it!). It's fun and I don't get mommy guilt over spending time away from Addison since I wouldn't be seeing her then anyways.

On another note, tomorrow I'm going with Kyla and my friend, Jessica to a Jimmy Eat World concert. None of my coworkers know who this band is unless I sing the chorus from "The Middle" and then they recognize the song. I'm excited about going, but kind of nervous. Not because I'm going to be away from my baby for a whole evening/night (she'll be with Jordan-and I'm not nervous about him with her either), or because I'm scared I won't have fun with the girls I'm going with, but I think it's because I've never been to a concert that wasn't a Christian band before and I'm not always a fan of loud, crowded places, and being in the city makes me uncomfortable (we're going to Charlotte-which, since I know you are wondering, is the largest city in NC with a population of 750k, according to Kyla). I don't think I'm going to be driving so that cuts out my fear of showing off my not-so-discreet terrible parallel parking skills. I think it's going to be fun and it will definitely be something out of my normal weekend activities (those include watching Pooh bear with Addison, going to Walmart with Addison and trying to catch up on dish washing, laundry, and DVRed shows from the previous week, with the occasional nap thrown in the mix-I know, I'm such a wild woman!)

My cousin Zach come up from Georgia last weekend and spent a few days with us. We had a low-key weekend, watching Airplane and Despicable Me (both of which were funny but in a very, very different way!) and playing some Rock Band. Addison made him have a tea party with her and also demanded much of his attention while she was awake, saying his name over and over again. I think she must have remembered him from past visits because she was almost immediately comfortable with him, where it normally takes her a little while to warm up to new people. I'm glad he got to come for a bit. It was a fun weekend!

I'm trying to keep myself busy for the next little while so that I don't think too much of what I'm missing out on. My would've/should've been due date is coming up on Monday and it makes me sad to think about. I'm just trying hard to not think too much of it and to stay happy while focusing on all the wonderful blessings God has put in my life. Addison keeps me smiling and laughing and Jordan and I are in a great place, so I have much to be thankful for.

We have, in a (possible) moment of insanity, put our house on the market. So that means we have to try to keep it as clean as possible for the random, unplanned showings that will (hopefully) happen. It's been a week and so far no bites but we are staying optimistic. We bought the house last year with intentions of selling it when the market went up again. It hasn't yet really, but we thought we'd just see what happens. I would love to sell it really soon, but if we don't it's not a huge deal. We may or may not have already picked out a house with a great location that we would love to move into and we may or may not have already thought of what we would do to personalize and upgrade the interior. Maybe. :) We're just praying about it (among other things) and waiting to see what God makes happen in our lives.

I think that's all I have for today. I'll keep you updated on how the concert turns out...Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Jenny, I've repeated it enough and you still misquoted me on Charlotte being the largest city in NC. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I fixed it... I will no longer misquote you! :)

    ReplyDelete