Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

POP!

So.... I popped Addison's (diapered) butt for the first time yesterday. It was effective! We were fixing supper while Addison was sitting in her high chair and had just finished eating her yogurt. I guess she was bored just sitting there so she started squealing. loudly. and often. So I got on to her and told her she was being "not nice" (a term she understands). I said this to her several times and as I was getting her out of the high chair and the squealing was continuing, I told her that if she squealed/screamed one more time then I was going to pop her butt. I knew she was testing me and seeing how far she could take it (the look she gave me as she was squealing was very telling). So she waited a minute or two and then gave a loud but short squeal. I came over to her and barely popped her. She broke down, cried and made a big deal for about 10 seconds. She went running to her Daddy then came right back over to me and wanted me to hold her. After about a minute of resting her little head on my shoulder she wanted to get down and play tea in her room.

The spanking worked (she didn't squeal for the rest of the night) and it didn't make me feel horrible. I was nervous but knew that if I threatened to pop and then didn't follow through after she misbehaved again, it would be very counter-productive. Jordan saw the whole thing and didn't really comment until later that evening when Addison was whining over something, he said "Don't mess with Mommy, she's tough!" I think he was surprised I had the nerve to actually pop her, though he's not against it. I can't really see him spanking her though. He's a softie!

Moving on...

I never blogged about the concert last weekend. It was fun, although had some rocky spots. We got to Charlotte fine and got a good (tiny) parking spot near the venue. We ate dinner (which was really yummy) then waited in line for about 30 minutes before going inside. about an hour later the opening band started their thing and I started feeling super sick on my stomach! I pretty much spent the whole opening act (don't worry, I really didn't miss much there...if you get what I'm saying) either laying int he car or in the bathroom. Fun times. :( But by the time Jimmy Eat World took the stage I was feeling quite a bit better. The only two songs that I knew ("The Middle" and "Sweetness") were saved for the encore and were awesome! I sang/yelled along with every word and jumped up and down and nearly got trampled by some guys standing next to us, but it was great. The last five minutes were awesome! We didn't get back home until about 12:45 and I went straight to bed! I've decided that if I go to another concert, it will be to see a group or an artist that I love and own several CDs of and all of whose songs I know well. Jimmy Eat World was great but the best part is when you can sing along with them, I for the first hour I couldn't do that because I didn't know any of the songs.

We had a good Valentine's Day on Monday even though Jordan and I didn't really do much in the way of celebration. We exchanged cards on Sunday night and then didn't make any definitive plans to have a date night. Jordan wrote sweet things in my card and told me he owed me dinner and a bead (a Pandora bead, in case you were wondering. I got the bracelet for Christmas and now almost have it full...I may have gone a bit over board with the bead purchasing, but don't tell Jordan and I just admitted to it...). I got my bead (love it!) on Monday along with some cute, happy tulips and we're doing dinner tomorrow night (at Carrabba's...yum!). We eat out a lot but we don't normally go without Addison, so tomorrow will feel more like a date!

I hope y'all have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Just like a puppy in training, babies need to learn of consequences after the FIRST command.
    Your old fashioned Grandaddy.

    ReplyDelete