Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

My Sonic Story

Jordan and I were in Mocksville the other night and we were hungry, so we ended up heading to Sonic for some burgers. Jordan was driving, so when we got to Sonic he had to order. He handled that with no big flaws. So we sat in the car and talked while our order was being made. Then Jordan saw the Sonic girl right as she was approaching the car with the tray of our food. He already had the window rolled down, but apparently decided to spas out a little and quickly get the window rolled up just enough for her to set the tray on. This would've been fine if she was leaving the tray instead of handing us the food in a bag through the window or if he realized that the automatic windows in my car roll all the way up when you press the button unless you stop them at the desired point.

So what I saw from the passenger seat was a hand with a bag of food coming through the the ever-narrowing, upward-moving window (I was trying to figure out what possessed him to roll up the window when our food was coming in it?!?!). The poor girl immediately snatches her hand back out to avoid it being chopped off by the crazy guy rolling up the window. Jordan hasn't the slightest clue what is going on and why the window continued to move although he had long since let go of the button. He was looking at me in horror as he tried to wrap his mind around what was happening. So the window shut completely before Jordan realized what had happened and was able to roll it back down for her. I was dying in quiet laughing fits having just witnessed this while Jordan tried to pull himself together enough to pay the poor girl. As she walked away, I could control my laughter no longer and just completely fell apart. We sat in the car and laughed so hard for about five minutes. As hungry as I was, I couldn't stop laughing long enough to eat. I wish I could write this in a way that conveys the hilarity of the situation, because it was so funny!! The look on the girl's face was completely priceless. I know she went back and told her coworkers to be careful if the guy in the silver car orders anything else because he might try to rip your arm off with the automatic window.

After all of this, we ordered ice cream so she ended up having to come back out to our car. Jordan managed not roll her hand up in the window this time, but did stumble over the joke he was trying to make about her first treacherous visit to our car. As soon as we had the ice cream safely in the car, Jordan decided that it was definitely time to leave. What great Friday night entertainment!!

3 comments:

  1. i've alreay laughed pretty hard this morning at the bathroom experience email from mom, but oh my goodness! this tops everything i've heard recently!!! i'm in tears, literally and my stomach hurts!!! thanks for the work out! you're quite a talented writer by the way! I especially love "ever-narrowing, upward-moving window" line! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! this is great! I can just hear you telling your kids one day, you know this one time at sonic your dad almost de-limbed a girl with the automatic window!!!! love it!! tell jordan i'm proud of him for being able to laugh at himeslf, cuz that's stinkin funny!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, this is Kyla in case you didn't know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one more thing, when i posted this comment, the tag word or letters i had to type in to confirm it, was "Alesse" I sorta like that as a girl's name. Alesse (Ah-Less) or even Aleese (Ah-Lease) or if your southern they'd be Uh-Less and Uh-Leece hee hee! ok i know i'm NOT funny! but you love me anyway!

    ReplyDelete