Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Addison is 15 months old!

My baby is growing up way too fast! I cannot believe that she is 15 months old!
* She is such a smart girl (yes, this is coming from her biased Mommy). She can say several words such as, ball, dog, kitty, mama, dada, nana, night night, papaw, nona (for Gena's friend Donna) byebye, bottle (ba ba), that (as she's pointing at something), me (to get our attention normally when she wants more food) and other random things that I'm forgetting about. Addison can also do the signs for fish, eat, more, and sometimes please. The eat, more, and please she all uses in reference to food. My child likes to eat.
* Some of Addison's favorite foods are pizza, any fruit (grapes, strawberries, peaches, watermelon, blueberries), raisins or craisins, oatmeal, grits, cream-of-wheat, buttered toast, pasta (sometimes), puffs, yogurt, any kind of bread, cucumbers and sometimes pickles, any kind of cookie or ice cream and meat. The girl loves chicken and hamburgers or steak. She is a great eater. I only wish that I could get her to eat more veggies but she just doesn't seem to like them at all.
*Addison loves to walk and run around. She is always on the go if she can help it. She is a quiet explorer, always looking in cabinets and drawers. She is trying so hard to climb up on to the couch but she can't quite get up there on her own. One of her favorite activities is to put things in and out of other things. She has a toy that you can drop a ball in it and the ball rolls out of a hole at the bottom and she loves to play with that. There is a certain cabinet in the kitchen that is Addison's secret hiding spot for whatever she's carrying around with her. We have found (or seen her put in it) Jordan's car and work keys, her finger nail polish that I use on her toenails and tons of random toys. She also likes to play with her "little people" sets.
* Addison loves baby dolls. She'll hug and kiss them when prompted and has even started holding them like a little baby (or sometimes in a choke hold). If she hears a baby crying she makes her "o" surprise face and looks around for them. When she spots the crying baby (or any baby) she'll point and them and try to get to them. I can't wait to see how she'll be around her little brother or sister. I think she'll be a good big sister. :)*Addison still entertains us with her many animal sounds and we love it! She's started making a fish face that accompanies the sign that she does and she also scrunches her nose up for a rabbit. She also bounces up and down for her favorite: the horsey! We regularly hear woof, woof; meow, meow; bak, bak; duck, duck; buzzz (with hand motion); lulalulalul (with her tongue for turkey); and Mmmm(for cow). She has an animal book which she flips through and does the noises for the animal she's looking at, but normally just finds the horse and carries it around on the horse page.*Addison is such a sweet little girl. She loves to give kisses, blow kisses, wave and say "bye bye" and smile. My favorite time of day is when I put Addison to bed (and not because I'm "getting rid" of her for the day). After she finishes her bottle, we sit together and smile/make faces at each other, laugh, and just cuddle. I eat up every minute of it! It brings me to tears to think that we may not always have our special time together as she grows older (which could have something to do with pregnancy hormones...).
*Addison is picky in the mornings. She normally prefers Jordan over me, unless I get her out of bed and then she is an all over Mommy's girl (which I love-even if it makes me late for work some days). She's funny that way.

* I love my Addison so much and my love for her grows with each passing day! Although it makes me sad that she's not a little baby any more, I'm so excited to see what God has planned for our lives with her as she gets older! I thank HIM for her every day!
Happy 15 Month Birthday, Little One!!

No comments:

Post a Comment