Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

All Wrapped Up

So I blogged a week or so ago that we were going to stop using the swaddle blanket when Addison sleeps. Well, we have regressed and I am okay with that, as long as she is sleeping. After about a week of Addison waking up for an hour every morning around 3:30/4:00, I decided to try swaddling again. I was nursing/rocking her to sleep one night last week and she was so tired but just couldn't wind down. Her little arms and legs were just moving all around and she couldn't seem to settle herself down. After 20 minutes of her fighting sleep and me trying to rock her and settle her down (she wasn't fussy, just trying to play and get to things around) i saw the swaddle blanket laying on the floor next to her crib. I looked at it for a minute then gave in and swaddled her. She was asleep within a few minutes slept great for the next few nights.

Last night and the night before, she has woken up around midnight/1:00 in a very foul mood. I don't know what has been triggering this, but I hope it doesn't last (although I don't feel as exhausted as I thought I would. Maybe my body is just adjusting).

Everyone told me that her sleeping habits would change as she got older and that she may start waking up at random stages throughout her first years, but I was skeptical. Not my perfect baby. Oh no, she is such a good sleeper! Nothing could change that. Let me just say that I will keep an open mind when hearing tales of child behavioral patterns and I will not think we are "above" the norm (NOT that I in any way think that she is better than any other child! I just thought that once she started sleeping so good, she would continue to do so). As good as Addison is, I know that no babies are perfect (although I have to say she is pretty darn close in my book!).

We were pretty busy this weekend. We got Chinese food (Sesame Chicken, yummmm) on Friday night and ate with my parents. While I was waiting for Jordan to get off work, I went next door to the nail place and the workers there have become friends with Jordan and I so they offered to paint my nails for me. I told them at first that I didn't have time because I had to get Addison, but I really wanted to and they told me it would only be a few minutes. So I caved. (right, like it was that hard of a decision to make!! :) ). I had to wait for our call in Chinese order to be ready anyways. So I picked out a dark purple and I love it!
On the way home from my parents, I tried using my phone to call Jordan and it would not make any calls or send any texts, so I turned it off and tried to turn it back on. Once the phone was turned off, it would not turn back on at all! I was so mad! We don't have a home phone, so even after I got home I couldn't get in touch with him. The battery had just been charged the night before and wasn't dead, so I had no clue what was wrong with it. After Jordan got home, he messed with it and finally got it to work. It stopped working again on Monday morning when I really needed it, but after about 10 minutes we got it working again. I've been planning on getting a new phone and this put me over the edge so Jordan started looking on ebay and we found this:

It's not a new phone and it's the one for Verizon (not Sprint like in the picture). I'm really excited about having a full texting keypad. That will make it so much easier and quicker to text and since I now have an unlimited texting plan, so I plan on using it more now.

On Saturday we got Time Warner Cable installed and I am so excited about it! Not only are we going to be getting internet about 15 times faster than what we did have and not only are we getting way more channels, some of which are HD, than we were getting, but we are gong to be saving about $50 a month! It's great! Now I just have to get used to the new remote and remember all the shows I need to set up to record on my new DVR.

After the cable guy came (haha, that made me think of that stupid Jim Carrey movie), I went and got my hair cut and got low-lights put in. I've never gone darker before, so I was a little nervous, but I like the result. It is very subtle and I think I will actually go darker next time. This appointment was way overdue considering the last time I had anything at all done to my hair was in April when I was 8 months pregnant! The pictures in Addison's Eight Month Post are with my new hair. You really can't tell a whole lot of difference, but I can.

Mom went with me and ran errands with Addison while I was getting my hair cut. Afterwards we ate lunch at Qdoba's then went to Babies R us and Ross. I got a few little outfits for Addison and finally got the perfect purple bag I've been wanting. It's super cute and just the right size and shape, and it was only $18!! I thought that was a great price for a leather Nine West bag!! Little things make me happy!

On a sad note, Jordan called me while I was out and said his Grandpa (Pete, who was taken to the hospital for congestive heart failure on Friday) was not dong well. Gena (Jordan's mom) went to visit him in the hospital and walked into the room to find Pete laying on the ground with blood around him. He had apparently been trying to get to something and fell out of the bed, hitting his head and busting it open on the floor. The worst part was that the nurses didn't even know anything had happened. We don't know how long he laid there. He was moved to intermediary ICU. Now Gena and her brother have to decide whether or not to put a feeding tube in. It is such an awful place to be right now and I cannot imagine how horrible it would be to be in that situation. Please pray for the whole family for guidance and acceptance.

Sunday was my laundry catch up day. After church and lunch I got home at 3:00, put Addison in her crib for a nap and started on the huge pile of stuff/clothes that is my house. I did (brace yourself here) SEVEN loads of laundry and then one more on Monday!! I was so behind! I got everything in our room cleaned up and put away and cleaned our bathroom (which no longer has patches of floor peaking up between piles of clothes). I got all of the loads of clothes folded/hung up and put away except for Addison's clothes. By the time I got them clean and dry she was back in her crib for the night. They are folded in a basket outside of her room and I am hoping to tackle cleaning out her dresser tonight. I just can't seem to ever catch up. I guess that's all just part of being a mom, right?

So our weekend was great! I so enjoy the time I get to spend doing "nothing" with my little family! I just love those two so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment