Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Swaddling: A thing of the past & Weekend Wrap up

So I think I mentioned in my last post that since Addison was already not sleeping, I was going to embrace this time as a time to try and wean her off of the swaddle blanket. Well, Thursday night we didn't swaddle her and she did okay (woke up twice). Friday night she did even better by only waking up once at 4. I heard her over the monitor and turned on the video part to watch her. I let her cry for a few minutes and she apparently went right back to sleep and so did I because I don't remember anything else until 7 something Saturday morning when I woke up.

Saturday was a Mommy Addie day (I know it doesn't have as cute a ring to it as Addie-Daddy days, but I like them much better!!). Jordan got up with her and took her downstairs and entertained her before her had to go to work (after she had her breakfast in bed with Mommy) so I could get a few more minutes of sleep before he left. I know I shouldn't have been tired after my baby actually slept through the night again, but I was. I think this cold has it out for me and it definitely trying to drag me down. Anyway, Jordan left and I got the little precious girl and we played in the floor in the living room. I made pancakes (for me, since Addison would just choke on them) and then put Addison down for her nap at 10. She slept for an hour and a half while I did dishes, laundry, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, a the other ton of things that desperately need to be done at my house absolutely nothing. I don't know what is wrong with me. I just vegged out in front of the TV with my laptop and did NOTHING. I did think of all the things I could be doing. I just couldn't seem to find the motivation I needed to do them.
After Addison got up she played in the floor for like forty five minutes. She would go from sitting to laying and trying to crawl to rolling over on her back. She would play and squeal with her toys and was just such a happy girl. I was able to get a few things done around the house, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. I figure it can wait for another day. I spent the day having quality time with my love bug! We had a great day together!

That night Jordan, Addison and I went out to eat at Outback with my parents and Jordan's parents. My mom and Dad paid for our meal as an anniversary present, which I though was super sweet! Outback has changed their menu a bit and have a new meal which has turned into my all time favorite restaurant steak meal. It's Teriyaki Fillet medallions. Want to talk about delicious, try them!! We had a great time with Addison at the restaurant. She would just go around and around the table from one person loving on her to the next.

When we got home Addison (who had fallen asleep before we even left Outback's parking lot) was wide awake and such a ham! She played on the floor on her blanket with all of her toys for another 30 minutes! She's done so good with the sleeping, too! I think she woke up one time but put herself back to sleep within a few minutes. It's really cute when I put her down on her tummy because as soon as she hits the mattress her little arm reaches up behind her for her blanket. Then she grabs it with her pudgy little hand and brings it to her chest. She has to have that blanket to cuddle with.

So this is been a really boring post. Maybe I'll have time to spice it up with some photos when I get home tonight. I just haven't been in the blogging mood lately. That and I feel like I have nothing to blog about. Maybe inspiration will hit sometime this week. We'll see...

Oh, and as I was looking at my blog list to edit one, my post titled "all she wants for Christmas is her very first tooth" is apparently one letter too long to show the whole title, so Blogger lists it as "all she wants for Christmas is her very first TOOT..." Haha! I thought that was so funny. It kept catching my eye and I kept trying to remember when I had written a post on Addison's gas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment