Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 8, 2010

Sweet ZZZZzzzzz....

So it's been quite a little while since my last post (If you go by the post dates anyway, ha ha. I cheated a tiny bit on the Anniversary post by tweaking the date. It was only really posted a week and a day late...oops!). Anyway, things have been kind of weird at my house. Not completely bad, but we've just been off our schedule and trying to get back in the swing of things from the holidays. Here's a review of the past week:


Like I said in my last post, Jordan and I had a wonderful day of shopping on our anniversary (wonderful for me, not so much for Jordan, but he tolerated it very well!) The shopping spree was Jordan's Christmas present to me and I LOVED it. I kept telling him I needed to get some new clothes to fit my newly shaped post-pregnant body. I never in a million years thought that my 8 month post-pregnant body would be over ten pounds lighter than my pre-pregnant body. Go figure! This whole breastfeeding thing has really just melted the pounds away. So all of my clothes from 18 months ago are very loose and my pants were nearly literally falling off. So a shopping trip wasn't just a fun and frivolous thing, it was close to a necessity.


New Year's Eve day started off pretty rough. We had been up with Addison FIVE different times the night before and the last time at 5:30 I finally thought to take her temperature. Sure enough my little baby had over a 102 degree fever. We gave her Tylenol and finally got her soothed back to sleep in bed with me. She had been slightly cranky the day before (which is pretty unusual for my happy girl) but we contributed it to teething as her second bottom tooth is very near breaking through. I got about another half hour of sleep before getting up to get ready for Doctor visit and work.


As soon as the Pediatrician's office opened at 8:30 I called and got the earliest appointment available which was at 10:00. We went to see the PA at 9:45 and Addison's fever was up to 102.7. It was time for more Tylenol but I have always heard not to give medicine right before you see the doctor so that the symptoms aren't masked. Sweet nurse Beth got us Tylenol and my poor little baby just cried. She was so upset after being held down to have her throat, ears, and nose inspected. She felt so bad and I felt horrible for not being able to make her feel better. I just felt so helpless! The PA determined that since Addison had no other "cold" symptoms and such a high fever that it was most likely a throat infection. She said Addison is too young to have Strep Throat but it was similar. So she's been on an antibiotic twice a day ever since. Oh, and she now weighs 18 pounds, 6 ounces. Silly girl!


We brought in the New Year at home playing Rock Band and eating all kinds of food with my friend Jessica and my cousins Greg and Zach. Addison didn't wake up until 2 AM (and then again at 4 and 6) despite the fact that we were setting off fireworks (compliments of Jess) in the front yard at midnight. She was still pretty cranky and just didn't feel good fro the next few several days, and continued her sleeping through the night strike.


During this time of Addison not sleeping I ended up getting sick (again!!). I woke up Sunday night between fitful sleep periods with chills and ended up have a 102 degree fever. I managed to make it to work all week long although I've been sleep deprived and had a bad cold. Addison was finally back to her happy, sweet, un-fussy self on Tuesday and has been tat way since. The only difference in current Addison and pre-sick Addison is that she is still not sleeping through the night. There's only been one night that she didn't wake up until 6:00 since last Tuesday night. I have decided to try and not complain, though, because she has given us 6 straight months of a great sleep pattern and most parents don't get that luxury.

I think I am going to embrace this time as the time to start the weaning of the swaddle blanket. Last night I let her sleep on her belly (like she takes her naps everyday) and she woke up at 1:00. I got her back asleep within 20 minutes and then she woke up again at 4:30. I listened to her fuss for 10 minutes and she put herself back to sleep. I know she wants us to come get her, but I can see that she's not in any pain and she's not screaming, so I'm trying not to get her immediately. I know that she CAN go all night without needing us to come and get her/feed her/rock her/comfort her, so I'm just tyring to help her figure it out again. Honestly I laid in bed watching her on the monitor and prayed for her to go back to sleep. I think I was begging God for her to sleep. At one point I decided that I had enough faith that God was going to allow her to go back to sleep that I turned off the video part of the monitor and rolled over to go to sleep. It apparently worked because I went to sleep and didn't hear another peep out of her until we woke her up at 7:00. Note to self: When in doubt (or just really sleep deprived), have more faith!!

So I am praying right now (with heavy eyelids and bags under my eyes) that she sleeps all night long tonight! If she doesn't I know that I'll survive, but it would be really really great if she did! I hope y'all have a great weekend! Stay indoors and turn up your heat because it's going to be a cold one!

No comments:

Post a Comment