Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Little Miss Silly Pants

So Addison is just adorable. I know everyone already knows this, but I have to say it!

We had a really good weekend. Saturday she and I met my dad for breakfast at Bojangles (yumm, sausage gravy biscuits!) then went back home and did laundry and cleaned and played. I cleaned out her dresser and closet, which was a huge undertaking. She did so good the whole time. She played with toys in her crib for about 45 minutes then played in the laundry basket, haha. I took pictures of her in there while she was having a blast and will post them later.
She kept trying to pull up on the edge of the basket. She is getting so big and is turning into a...TODDLER!
I now have about 4 large diaper boxes full of clothes that Addison can no longer fit into. I'm keeping them for hopes that maybe one day I'll be able to use them for another little girl. It was sad to see some of those adorable outfits being boxed up, knowing that there is the possibility that I may never have the chance to dress another little baby in them. I'll deal with that on another day, though. For now, boxes go in the attic with out another thought. I was also able to bring out some clothes I'd been waiting for her to grow into.

It was so nice to be at home and have motivation to be productive while being there all day. I have a hard time finding the energy and drive to get a lot of housework done on the weekends when I actually have the time to do it. But after last weekend's 7 load laundry marathon, I decided to make sure I stay on top of it. We'll see how long that lasts, but for now I'm doing good with it and not even dreading it. I feel good when I've been productive (as long as I ignore the backache from carrying all those clothes up and down the stairs a million times, haha). I ended up washing nearly every blanket in my house, as well as the clothes we dirtied up over the last week. It was so nice to feel caught up.

Sunday was a bit different. Addison has been having a hard time going to sleep at bedtime (ex: She didn't go to sleep until after 10 on Friday night. We started the normal 20 minute bedtime routine at 8. Every time we held her, she would go to sleep but every time we laid her down in her crib and walked away, she would wake up and scream.) I think all of this is from teething (mainly because I don't know what else it would be). Back to Sunday. Addison was very clingy and hard to satisfy all day. She was extremely fussy on Sunday morning, refusing to nap and I since I woke up feeling super crummy, we didn't make it to church. It wasn't a horrible day and Addison wasn't bad just high maintenance and needy. I still enjoyed my day at home with her little sweet self. I like to get a taste of what its like to be a stay at home mom. I can't decide if I would love it or hate it. Most days I lean toward the loving it. I can dream right?

Last night, Addison was so much fun! We ate at Jordan's parents. They have the walker for when Gena keeps Addison and because she can get around better at their house. We put her in there and she zooms all over that house. She has already claimed a couple drawers in the kitchen and will open them and reach in and pull out whatever she can grab. She was in a great mood and back to her-in-to-everything-self.

After we got back home Addison was playing in the living room floor while Jordan was watching her and I was getting a load of laundry ready to was (I know, it really NEVER ends). As I walked through the living room with my arms full of clothes, I was watching Addison play.

I see her look intently at something on the rug.

Then I see her pudgy hand reach out and grab (with her fore finger and thumb...Developmental milestone: pincer grasp, check!) a tiny little piece of paper.

As I drop the huge amount of clothes in my arms and run over to her, she does what she does with everything she grabs, puts it in her mouth. I got to her just as she popped this tiny little piece of candy wrapper and proceed to pry open her mouth and look down her throat. I see it stuck on the roof of her mouth, the tiny yellow culprit, and feel the pull of certain chocking and suffocation looming in the air. I yell for Jordan to come over and help me pin her down to get it out of her mouth. Addison is trying to figure out why I won't let her sit up and play and is refusing to be still. Reason comes back to me and I realize that 1) Addison is NOT going to be still enough for me to safely put my hand in her mouth to grab it and get it out, 2) I'm pretty sure that you are never supposed to stick your finger in a baby's mouth in order to retrieve a foreign object in fear of lodging said object further down baby's throat and 3) the little piece of candy wrapper is not being swallowed or chocked on (yet) therefore I do not need to freak out (yet)! So we calmly let her play while we watched her like a hawk. I made a few attempts to swipe the paper out of her mouth, but couldn't get it. I had to walk into the kitchen for a minute and I heard her coughing, so I ran back over to her. Jordan was holding her with a triumphant look on his face and said he got it. Addison was still trying to figure out what just happened and really just wanted to play some more.

Then I finally put her to bed and it went a lot easier than it has been. I went to bed at 11:15 and woke up around midnight-ish to sheets/blankets moving around. I turned on the video monitor and Addison is rolling around like crazy.
She wasn't being vocal at all, so I tried to roll over and go back to sleep, but she just kept moving around. So about 30 minutes later I looked at her again. She had turned completely around and scooted down to the other end of her crib where she found the toys she'd been playing with form the day before. She was wide awake and having the best time playing with her toys. As tired as I was, I couldn't do anything but laugh at her. She's just so darn cute! She was rolling around and started to talk to her toys as she picked them up. After about 15 minutes of just watching her play, I went in the there and she greeted me with the biggest grin ever! My heart just melts every time she smiles, especially when its at me! I nursed her and she calmed down and finally when back to sleep after I laid her down.

That silly girl! She is into everything! I love her so much and the though of anything happening to her terrifies me! This is where I trust in God to keep her safe. This is where I ask God for guidance as a parent. This is where I plead with Him not to take her away from me.

1 comment:

  1. Salem did the exact same thing at Christmas with a little piece of wrapping paper. I did not freak out (YAY!), but I did end up swiping her mouth to get it out and she spit up in the process, but all was well.

    Salem is still having her sleep troubles herself...SOMEDAY she will sleep all night in her crib!

    ReplyDelete