Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The End of an Era

As we approached Addison's first birthday, we started to introduce whole milk into her bottles. The closer May 17th came, the higher the ratio of whole milk to breast milk became. This past weekend Addison took several bottles that were all whole milk and didn't seem to notice a difference at all, which is wonderful!
So what does this mean for me? NO MORE PUMPING!! (Get ready for TMI in the next few sentences...)

I am so pumped (haha) excited about not pumping! I had decreased the number of times I was pumping daily until I was just pumping once in the morning. I did that for about a week then did it every other day for a few days and now I haven't pumped since Saturday. I'm feeling it. It doesn't feel good. I'm hoping that my milk supply dries up really soon because this process is quite painful! I was reading about natural remedies to dry up milk supplies in an article online and it suggested several things (most of which I'm not going to try) one of which is to take a decongestant because it's designed to dry you up. So I'm trying it and hoping that it works. We'll see.

It's been so nice to not have to lug around my pump, pump accessories, and cooler to work and home every single day! It's nice to be able to stay out on the teller line every morning and afternoon without having to duck out to my back office to pump and feeling guilty about lines forming in the lobby. I'm so, so glad that I was able to breastfeed and that I did it for Addison's entire first year, but I have to say that I am so glad that I'm done! ( I just wish I could skip the engorgement phase. My boobs feel like they might explode!!)

Just had to share... :)

2 comments:

  1. EEK! Doesn't sound fun. Although not as bad as going cold turkey like Charlin. Don't think I could handle that!! I haven't even contemplated weaning yet...maybe we'll keep going? I'm only having to pump two days a week though, so that makes a HUGE difference. We'll see how it goes...

    Have you tried cabbage leaves? I've heard from multiple sources that it really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about the cabbage leaves until today. I might have to go by the grocery store tonight...

    ReplyDelete