Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This and That

Aghh... I have been so slack about blogging! I don't know why, but I just don't feel like writing anything. It's not like I don't have anything going on. It's not like I don't have a beautiful 11 month old crawling around doing all sorts of cute, funny things that I could tell about. It's not like I didn't just move into a new house that we've repainted and are currently decorating trying to make it our own. It's not like I'm not trying to plan a huge birthday party for 2 weeks from now. I have so many things I could write and share about but I have no motivation to do it. But then again, maybe it's because of all these things I haven't been able to make time to write... Oh well I'm doing it now, so here goes...

I was sick about a month ago. I was diagnosed with everything from strep throat to mastitis to a sinus infection to pink eye. All I know is that I felt like death with a fever and no voice and gunky, swollen eyes. I tried to blog-ument my illness and multiple doctor visits but just never finished the post. I had to miss 3 days of work with a weekend in between. I finally am better. The first antibiotic the the first doctor I saw prescribed made me vomit and extremely nauseous. I will never take Keflex/cephlexin again!!

The second doctor I saw told me that I had to stop breast feeding for the 10 days I was on the antibiotic/eye drops. I was so, so upset when I left the doctor's office. It's not that I want to breastfeed forever (quite the contrary, actually. I'm ready to be done nursing and pumping.) but I want to make to Addison's first birthday so that I don't have to use any formula. I want to ease it out instead of simply being cut off. He was just so definite and harsh about it, I felt that I had no options. And I was so scared that Addison wouldn't adapt well to changing her diet. When I got the meds filled, though, I asked the pharmacist about it and she said, without hesitance, that neither medication was unsafe to take while continuing to breastfeed. I was so relieved to hear that. I know most people don't understand why this was such a big deal for me, but I just wasn't ready yet.

Since then (It's been 3 weeks) I have started the weaning process. After being bitten a few times I decided that it was time to stop nursing. I'm still pumping, but Addison is getting bottles that are mixed with whole milk to ease into taking no breast milk. So far it's going well and I'm feeling better about the whole weaning process. After she gets used to the whole milk (we'll start upping the whole milk to breast milk ratio little by little) I'm going to start phasing out her bottle for a sippy cup. They make transitional sippy cups that have a soft top instead of a hard plastic top and I think those will be good for her. Addison will take either kind now, but only for her juice or water. She doesn't seem to like it when we try to put her milk in the sippy cup. It frustrates her for some reason.

Addison is such a sweet little thing! Yesterday when I got home with her, I was getting all her stuff ready to go upstairs and give her a bath (The only thing we use the upstairs for is to give her a bath and for her overflow closet usage...girl has a lot of clothes. :) ) and Tripp was acting really playful. I was carrying Addison and she kept leaning around me to see Tripp and she would just cackle at him. So then I started chasing him around the house and jumping out around corners at him (all while holding A) and she was loving it! She laughed so so hard and I was laughing right along with her (in between huffing for air, that is. Running around with a 20 lb baby on you hip for 10 minutes is hard work!! Totally, Totally worth it, but hard work!) I just have so much fun with her and she has so much personality.

Another Addison funny: Little Miss Thing has discovered Tripp's dog food bowl. It's right down the hallway from the kitchen leading into her bedroom and across from the laundry room. A few weeks ago I was working on some laundry and had A on the floor playing in the kitchen. She got really quiet, so I started to listen for her. After a moment I hard the dog food move around and realized she was playing in it. I ran over to her (she was just out of my sight around the doorway) and got the 5 pieces out of her clinched fists. Ever since she discovered it, her goal when in the area is to get to the dog food. Now she knows that I'm going to tell her "no, no!" so as she crawling toward it she will pause and look over her should and smile at me while I tell her "no" then giggle and go faster. It's really cute and I can't help but laugh at her. Sometimes I forget for just an instant what she's going to do and when I find her there, she's licking the food. So gross! She just looks up at me with the biggest smile on her little face!

Addison's birthday is on May 17th!! I cannot believe it's already here!! We're planning her party for the 22nd. It's going to be big with a lot of people but I'm trying to keep it low key, mainly in order to keep my sanity and to not go into debt for a birthday party. A party for someone who is too young to remember it! Yes it is a big deal, but I'm not losing my head over it! We celebrate her on a daily basis! :)

So I'll try to get some pictures up (been a little slack about taking pictures too, surprise, surprise...) and do better with my blogging regularity!

No comments:

Post a Comment