Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Baby Girl is becoming a TODDLER!!

I know! I can't believe how big and grown up my Baby Addison is getting! She is crawling around like crazy and cruising all over the place. She got a new toy (a hand-me down) on Sunday that she is in love with. It's an adorable little Radio Flyer wooden horse scooter. She's never been on a toy like that where she has to straddle the seat and walk (okay, never mind. I realized as I was typing that that is exactly what she does in her walker-it just has a tray and a seat that contains her instead of being open with handles.). I didn't think she would know what to do with it but as soon as we put her in it she took off across the room. When she got to the other side, she stopped and turned around with the biggest smile on her face which was all lit up with excitement. Now every time we walk by the toy she reaches for it and cries to ride it! What a cutie I have!!

Last night I was playing in the floor with Addison and she was crawling/walking (while always holding on to something-she just won't let go yet-and that's okay with me!) all over the place. She was trying to get to the horse toy (mentioned above) which was in the kitchen. In our house to get to the kitchen from the living room (where we were playing) you have to step up onto a platform (that is the first step to the upstairs. straight across you go into the kitchen. left turn you go upstairs) and back down into the kitchen. Addison scurried over and climbed up on the platform. I was right behind her and had to catch her before she went down onto the tile floor in the kitchen. While we were on the platform she happened to notice there were lots of steps that stretched upward. Well the girl just takes off climbing them. I didn't think she'd be able to climb them since she never has before but she went up three. then four. then five. I was hovering right behind her with my hands inches from her ready to catch if she stumbled. My big girl climbed all the way up the staircase 3 times last night! It was crazy!! Like she'd been climbing steps all her life! We'd get to the top, I'd bring her back downstairs and she'd head right back over to them. She obviously has a new obsession; one that we will have to put a stop to with the baby gate.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it how crazy how fast a year goes by?!!

    Walmart has an inexpensive baby gate by the North States brand - aorund $13 for one or $25 for a two pack. We bought one and it works great. Nothing to screw in and easy to take up and down.

    We have to get together SOON before our girls are walking...Salem is EXTREMELY close to taking off!!

    ReplyDelete