Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

5 Week Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 5 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is about the size of a sesame seed and looks more like a tiny tadpole than a human (according to BabyCenter.com) (I just saw on whattoexpect.com that Baby is the size of an orange seed.)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've lost one pound. I'm definitely eating, but not using pregnancy as an excuse to go overboard (as I may or may not have done last time... :) ) I'm interested to see how different this pregnancy is, as far as weight gain goes. I'm about 15 pounds lighter this time at the starting point so I'm hoping to not feel as fat as I felt with Addison. I'm going to try to eat better and not give into every food craving I get.

Maternity Clothes: not wearing any yet but I have a strong suspicion that I'll be in them before the summer is over...(Thanks, LeeAnn, for the maternity shorts! I think they are going to fit wonderfully!)

Gender: Any guesses? I've got a poll up on my sidebar so that you can vote boy or girl. Jordan wants me to do one of the Intelligender Tests from the drugstore. It's supposed to be 80%accurate and will tell you the gender as early as 10 weeks but it's about $35! We'll see...I liked finding out at the ultrasound last time. One of my favorite moments of being pregnant was that 18 week ultrasound! I can't wait to do that again!

Movement: None yet, but I cannot wait to feel baby move! That was my favorite thing about being pregnant last time.

What I miss: I haven't had the chance to miss anything yet.

Sleep: Already noticing a difference. I'm having to get up to pee in the middle of the night and I'm really hot all night. Tossing and turning a lot.

Symptoms: I've had a few nauseous moments, but nothing too bad yet. It's bad when I get too hungry. I've also been dizzy a couple of times where I felt as if I might pass out.

Best Moment this week: Having Jordan kiss my belly and tell the baby "Goodbye" and "I love you." one morning as we were leaving for work! Sweet!

What I am looking forward to: So many things, but in the near future, my first doctor's appointment on June 28th (8 weeks).

1 comment:

  1. A couple of things.... I LOVE your new blog "look". It is very pretty! Miss Adison is SO cute!!! I can't vote for the gender until you start showing. I voted girl for your first b/c you carried her so high, so you will have to wait for my vote! LOL I hope you are doing well and thanks for all of the pictures/updates. I never update my blog because I am so busy, so great job!!

    ReplyDelete