Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Night to Remember

So about a couple of weeks ago Jordan told me not to make plans on a random Wednesday evening. I couldn't figure out what he had up his sleeve. I went through every type of anniversary we have and couldn't figure out anything special and monumentous for that date. Anyway, I as I pulled into the driveway I saw our table and chairs set up on the upstairs balcony. So when I walked through the door, Jordan greeted he all dressed up in a suit. I still could NOT figure out what was going on. Jordan led me through the house (that he cleaned!!) to the bedroom. (NO, this story is not going where you think it is so get you mind out of the gutter! :) AND, NO this is NOT the night I got pregnant. I know you were thinking it. ;) ) He had the dress I wore to my senior prom laid out on the bed along with some heels and jewelry. He just told me to get dressed and that I could take my time. I was trying to do something with my hair when my friend LeeAnn walked in. I was even more confused at this point but happy to be sharing the evening with our close friends. Turns out the whole thing was just an nice evening that the boys planned as a surprise for us mommies (also a belated Mother's Day present). They had babysitters for the girls and cooked and cleaned...had everything taken care of.

Here's the table before we ate. LeeAnn and I. My big bulky Nikon is difficult to use for a self portrait, but we made it work. Chuck and LeeAnn

Jordan and I

Chuck and LeeAnn again

Jordan and I again.

Here's the food table.

We had the most amazing salad with strawberries, feta cheese, walnuts, mandarin oranges, and raspberry vinaigrette. So good. I ate two bowls... :)

We had delicious steaks, twice baked potatoes and bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip it in. Everything was so, so good!

This was the dessert. I know it doesn't look that great, but it was super tasty. Chocolate cake with white icing. And the message says, "Breast Moms" as an homage to us breastfeeding mothers. Yes, you may roll your eyes now. haha. I wasn't going to take a picture but I figured it would be a once in a lifetime experience so I better document it. :)
After we ate and hung out for a while, we got our babies back from their babysitters (Thanks Mom! Really Appreciate it! Love you!) It was pretty late (past 9) but we let them play in Addison's new play house. This picture cracks me up because they are standing in the exact same pose. Cute! ( I just wish my finger hadn't half-way covered up the flash-hence the dark corner. :( )
Playing house. Funny that little girls love to play with sinks and dishes, washing machines and ovens. Just wait a few years, girls, and all the joy will have faded from "playing" with the household appliances!
I just couldn't get a great picture of them. But they were both so, so tired.

And this is what happens when you let babies stay up playing waaaay past bedtime. Aren't they adorable!
It was such a wonderful evening! I so enjoy talking with LeeAnn and am so thankful for her friendship!
Thank you so much Jordan (and Chuck, too, who originated the idea!) for loving me and creating such a special night for me! I love you!!






No comments:

Post a Comment