Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baby Steps

Monday, Addison came to see me at work (Gena brought her). When they came in, I went out to the lobby and got her out of her stroller and played with her for a bit. She loves to push her stroller around so she was doing that then realized that Gena's purse was hanging from the handles and that she could reach into it. Addison grabbed a pen and help on to instead of the stroller so I pushed the stroller out of her reach. I figured she would just sit straight down and crawl to it, but she actually took 5 or 6 steps unassisted to get to it!!

I was stunned! It was the coolest thing to have seen her take her first steps at my work! As a working mom, I have prepared myself to miss some of her firsts (the first time she rolled over is one I missed) so I figured that my mom or Gena would tell me the exciting news of some first steps one day when I picked her up.

Addison and I were playing in the floor yesterday evening and she pulled up on a toy then let go of it to just stand next to it. I moved the toy several feet away from her and she walked 6 to 7 wobbly steps over to it! I called Jordan over to see it, but she refused to do it again. I'm betting it won't be long before she is really walking and even running! My baby is growing up so fast!!

1 comment:

  1. Now it's time to get all dangers out of her reach. Thank you so much, sweetheart, for keeping us abreast of Addie's progress.

    ReplyDelete