Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

8 Week Pregnancy Highlights and Doctor's appointment

How Far Along: 8 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby is 5/8 of an inch from head to rump, about the size of a large raspberry.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Umm...I think I've gained 4 pounds. I'm going to pretend that I didn't just type that so I'm not even going to comment on it.
Maternity Clothes: I'm occasionally wearing my two pairs of borrowed maternity shorts. Very comfy! Most of my other clothes are fitting fine. I just have to unbutton the the top button on my pants after lunch most days.
Gender: Still guessing. Don't forget to vote on the gender poll on my sidebar.
Movement: Not yet, but I can't wait!
Cravings: Tomatoes. Fresh juicy ones.
What I miss:
Being able to shower without getting dizzy and nearly passing out. Also any amount of energy would be nice to get back.
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty good, but already needing to get up to pee at least once per night.
Symptoms: Nausea, exhaustion, dizziness.
Best Moment this week: Seeing baby on the ultrasound and seeing/hearing the heartbeat!! It was wonderful! Here's a picture of one of the ultrasound pictures:

See the head on the right side and the little arm and leg buds. I can't believe the amount of detail we could see when I'm only eight weeks along. I was expecting a blob/peanut but I think it actually resembles a little baby! So cool!

My doctor's appointment went so good! We saw one of the Midwives, Nona, at my practice and she is so wonderful! I'd seen her once before during my pregnancy with Addison at a routine appointment and I liked her but just didn't have a whole lot of interaction with her. Nona had a PA student with her during my appointment and they were both so warm and friendly. They gave me all the time I wanted with them and never once made me feel rushed. We discussed all concerns and questions I had and then Nona did my ultrasound herself instead of sending off to one of the ultrasound techs. She tried to look at the baby with the 3D/4D on, but it was just to strong for my little guy/gal. We couldn't get a shot that resembled anything that looked like a baby. But the regular ultrasound was really cool, as seen above.

We're so thankful that everything is going so well right now and that the baby seems to be thriving a right on schedule (cool little thing: According to what I thought I was, I was 7 weeks, 6 days at the apt. yesterday. When Nona was doing the ultrasound she measured the baby to figure out my due date and told me the baby measured 7 weeks, 6 days! It blows my mind that the doctors are able to pinpoint with such precision how far along you are. CRAZY!). Everything seems a little more real now (to Jordan, anyway. I was already thinking it felt a little too real with all the morning sickness and sleepiness...) and I think we are both anticipating the arrival of this little person! A lot to consider and work out, but I just keeping smiling when I think of a new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment