Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

12 Week Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 12 Weeks
Size of Baby: From crown to rump, Baby is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 7 pounds. So it's a little more for the first trimester than the recommended 2 to 5 pounds. Oh well. I think it comes with the second pregnancy territory, right?
Maternity Clothes: Not really. Most of my stuff still fits just snugly where they were lose. I've retired a few pairs of pants/jeans for the next year or more until I (hopefully) lose my baby weight.
Gender: Not sure yet, but while listening to the heartbeat the doctor did make the comment that it sounded a little feminine... (because it was high-150 beats per minute). Probably doesn't mean a lot since Jordan has such a high heart rate. But Addison's was high like that too. We'll find out around the 2nd week in September. Can't wait!
Movement: I keep thinking I feel something but I know it's probably too early. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Cravings: I have forgotten to mention it but I've wanted Root Beer Floats for the past few weeks. From Sonic. Yummm... Jordan got tired of me begging him to go to Sonic at 9:00 pm to get one for me so he told me to get some Root Beer and Ice cream at the grocery store so we could make our own. Ever since we've had the stuff at home to make them, it's been Jordan who has wanted one. I guess he's going to have my cravings for me/with me like he did when I was pregnant with Addison and we both always wanted hot fudge sundaes.
What I miss: Nothing really. I guess just having energy to enjoy staying up past 9:00.
Sleep: Having to pee a couples times per night is really interrupting my sleep. I'm still sleeping pretty good. Still enjoying sleeping on my belly. I'm going to have to savor my last few weeks of this. :)
Symptoms: I've had a lot of back pain recently. I don't remember having it so early the last time. Maybe it's how I'm laying while sleeping. Still just slightly nauseous, but not bad at all. My face is starting to get really oily a lot which I've never had a problem with. Strange.
Best Moment this week: Hearing baby's heartbeat! I love it, especially in these early weeks when I can't feel baby moving yet.
What I'm looking forward to: My ultrasound in 6 weeks! Then picking out a nursery theme for a little boy or little girl. Then deciding on a name...I'm starting to get stressed just thinking about it! :) I'll leave you with this adorable little girl! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment