Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Show and Tell

So I'm finally going to get pictures of Addison's Room on my blog! YAY! Here they are:

This is the view when you first come in. I'm standing in the doorway facing diagonally to the right. My mom made the curtains, the cute display board, all the bedding and recovered the rocker, which was given to us by my friend Ashlea. I think my mom did such a great job on making all of this! I love it! The wall letters were made for me by my friend Jessica's sister. I wanted to pay her for them, but she wouldn't let me. She hand painted them with some of the designs from Addison's main fabric (Carnival Bloom Brown by Michael Miller). The crib was a Craig's List find. We paid $160 for the crib (which looked brand new!!), crib mattress, mattress pad and two yellow sheets. I already had the little night stand from my old room.Here's a close up of the wall letters. I hate that the flash left such a glare in this picture. Notice the beautiful hand made quilt that my mom suprised me with at one of my baby showers. I knew she was making all the other bedding (since I picked it out and told her exactly what I wanted) but I wasn't expecting the cute little crib quilt.

Also notice the mint green crouchet blanket that my Aunt Sandie made just for little Addison. She used the softest thread and it's one of my favorite blankets. Mom also made a white crouchet blanket, but she uses it st her house for Addison's naps.

Inside the crib is a third crouchet blanket that has an angel in the design that a sweet little lady, Mildred, from my parent's church made for us. Addison sleeps under every night. Before you freak out and turn me over to social services for letting my baby sleep in her crib with a blanket, let me explain. Addison is wrapped tightly in a swaddle blanket every night. Her hands are secured in place and she cannot roll over with the swaddle blanket on. So every night I put her to sleep on her back, wrapped in her swaddle blanket and lay the angel blanket over her. Her room tends to stay cooler than the rest of the upstairs and I hate to think that she is laying there getting cold every night.

This is the other side of Addison's room (I'm kind of standing in closet for this picture. I forgot to get a picture of her closet and I actually have it all clean and organized right now, so maybe I'll update with one). This dresser was also mine from my old room. It is stuffed to the brim with all of her clothes, blankets, towels and sheets. The pink hamper was a gift from my friend Jessica and the diaper keeper was from Jordan's mom. I'm still working on my organization for the changing table. I just can't seem to find enough room to put everything I need up there. I've got some other stuff, such as a picture shelf and mirror, that hasn't made it up on the wall yet. Soon, I'll get it all done soon. (soon is a relative term, right?? :)

The fuzzy blanket over the top of the chair is from Addison's Aunt Lori. It's embroidered with Addison's name in teal curly writting. So Cute! I love it!! You can also see Addison's collection of bows. It's quite funny to think of all the bows that we have for her and she doesn't even have hair yet! Ah, the prissiness of having a girl!! Love it!!

This is Addison's first piggy bank. We thought it fitting that the daughter of two bankers should have a nice piggy bank. Too bad there's nothing in it right now (Don't worry! She already has her own savings account at the credit union). The little ceramic flower was hand-made by her Aunt Kyla. It's so cute and perfect for setting her bottle in while burping her. We're waiting on her second piggy bank to be made by Kyla...Anytime now... haha, just kidding!! ;) The adorable picture frame, which says "Grandma and Me" is from Addison's Nana. We have another one on the changing table/dresser that says "Grandpa's girl". Both of them have pictures of just Addison. I really need to get some cute pics with the grandparents.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy trick-or-treating!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this bedroom!!!!!!!! The material is perfect and your mom is wonderfully talented!!!!!! So glad you could find use for the glider rocker, I spent many nights in that chair!

    ReplyDelete