Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October 28, 2007

Today is the anniversary of my Grandpa's death two years ago. He died after a long battle with cancer, one that he fought so bravely. And he didn't let go until after he defied the Doctor's death predictions many times over, living a good two years after the first time he was supposed to have died from his cancer. I know that he is in a much better place a PERFECT place, but I still miss him so much. He was such a wonderful, Godly man and was an example of a great husband, Dad, Grandpa, and Great Paw-Paw.

I remember his funeral as a happy and celebratory time knowing he was now home in heaven with no more suffering, but also with lots of sad emotions knowing that he would no longer be there smiling at us. There were tons of tears as we reflected on times spent with him, but also lots of laughter. He was just the best Grandpa and knew just how to make you smile. He loved each and every one of his 5 kids, 11 grandkids, and 14 (at the time, now 17) great-grandkids. His funeral also brought our entire family together. I'm so thankful for being brought up in a Christian family. Although we were all so saddened by his death, we were all able to rejoice in the fact that Grandpa was with the Lord. He died on a Sunday morning and my sister made the comment that he made in home just in time for worship, and what a time of worship that must have been.

I will never forget all of the hundreds of people who crowded into the funeral home to pay their respects to this wonderful man and his huge family. I'm so thankful for all of the support and love we were shown during that time of mourning rejoicing.

And last year on my Grandpa's birthday, September 21st, I discovered that God was adding to the McDaniel clan, when my pregnancy test came out positive. I so wish that Grandpa had been around to meet my beautiful little blessing. He would have loved her big cheeks and cute little smile! And she would have loved staring at his loving blue eyes and great big smile!

I'm just thankful that I was able to spend 21 years in my Grandpa's love and it makes me realize that my Father's love is just that much more perfect!

Thank you, God for giving me such a loving, godly man to be my Grandpa and allowing his love to be a small sample of the tremendous love that you have for me all the time. Thank you for giving me a beautiful baby girl and help me to remember to pass on her Great Paw-Paw's love everyday, and to tell her about her Father's perfect love! In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment