Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Beach Trip!! (Part 1)

So we took Addison Kate on her second Beach trip. It was nice to go back again after only 3 months. Addison was such a good girl the whole time we were gone. After we left Keli in Dunn, we drove the other leg of our trip to Myrtle Beach. We got there on Sunday afternoon and unloaded, changed clothes and relaxed for a bit then went to Carrabbas to eat! I know some people think it's dumb to go to the beach and not eat at local restaurants, but I love me some Carrabbas and we almost always tend to go while we are at the beach. We did get the crab cakes, so we ate seafood, right... Addison was getting sleepy, but she still did really well. The waitress kept commenting on how wonderful she was being. We tend to get that just about everywhere we go with her. I don't think people believe me I tell them what a great baby she is. Anyway, this is about the beach, not Addison (Yeah, right! Everything is about that girl!! :) and I love it that way!!)
Monday: We hit up the outlet stores (Hello, Coach!!) and went grocery shopping so that we didn't end up eating every meal out. We got stuff for roast beef sandwiches, tomato or cucumber sandwiches, spaghetti, veggie/beef (canned) soup, chicken fingers, all kinds of breakfast goodies and of course, double stuf oreos!! (plus a lot of other snack stuff you don't care about. Not that you have cared about anything else I listed, but oh well!)

Tuesday: I don't really seem to remember what we did on Tuesday. I think we tried to go out on the beach in the morning, but Addison was sleepy and did not want to lay on the towels I brought for her to nap on, so that was short lived. She fell asleep on the way to the room, though.

Here she is napping (well, she was napping until I started taking her pictures and the flash woke her up) in her bathing suit. SO CUTE!! Oh, and word to the wise: even if your baby falls asleep in her little swimmy diaper, DON'T let her take her nap in it. They are misleading in the sense that they are labeled as diapers. They are more like glorified underwear and they leak. A LOT! Right after I took this picture, I picked her up and she had been laying in a huge pee puddle. I should have known better, but I didn't want to wake her up.

After that I got a little rainy, so we went to the other outlet store location and bought an umbrella and really cool swim trunks for Jordan (when they get wet, a flowery design magically shows up. The sales woman in the Tommy store had her little water bottle out to spray the shorts and show us. She was so excited about them. haha!) I think that night we ate at Damon's on the water and then came back to the room and watched Heroes (Season 2, we're catching up.)
Wednesday: My mom and Sister, Kyla, came down around lunch time and we met up with them and drove to Calabash for some good ole Capt Nance's seafood. Ah, so good!! That afternoon Jordan stayed in the room with Addison and they slept while us girls went out on the beach. I ended up sitting with my back to the sun and my whole body in the shadow of my chair. What?!? I got hot and didn't want my white skin to turn blood red. :) Needless to say, I hardly got any sun at all, mostly just on my chest and arms from walking around at the outlets! We ate spaghetti that night and then stayed up late playing board games (Taboo, Balderdash, and Cranium).
Funny story here. After we finished playing Cranium, mom went to check her email in the lobby and Jordan, Kyla and I were all on a sugar high from all of the fudge that we bought earlier that day in Calabash. So we were standing on the balcony looking down at the ground 10 stories below us and I don't know how we thought of it, but Jordan decided it would be really cool to go down there and have one of us throw a little nerf football thing to him. So...
We tried it.
(If you look really hard, you can see Jordan in this picture, 10 stories below)
and it was so much fun! Yes, we are really just little kids at heart! Okay, so it was waaaay more funny when it was happening than it is sounding right now. What can I say, I don't normally stay up late, I have a 4 month old, I try to sleep where and when I can.

I'll get the rest of the week in another post with more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment