Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

a new thing

So I've decided I'm going to try to blog once a day. I know that I will never be able to keep this up (for many reasons, some being that my life is way too boring to have anything substantial to blog about and also I tend to lack motivation). My goal is to do this for at least a week and see where it goes. So, we'll see.

I think that I should start making a meal schedule. There are several recipes that I've printed out (mostly some off of Kelly's Korner Recipe Blog: http://kellyskornerrecipes.blogspot.com/) that I want to try. I also have built up a (very) small archive of things that I've made in the past and turned out to be quite tasty. The problem comes in play when I take into account that I have a baby that consumes all of time between 6 when I get home from work and 8:30/9 when she goes to sleep (and I wouldn't have it any other way, unless I got even more time with my precious little baby. Who cares if the laundry doesn't get done and there is dog hair all over the floors because they haven't been swept in who knows when?? I don't! Not if I have my sweetie pie in my arms.), my husband has a different schedule every day and I don't always know when he'll be home and we are pretty spontaneous people who have a hard time planning small things in advance, such as what to eat for dinner. (I think that was the longest sentence ever :)!!) Maybe I'll try it.

Just not now. I'm starting enough new things right now (or just one...the daily blogging will probably kill me, or at least make me brain dead).

I have another goal that I am determined to reach and that is to stay in the office for lunch at least 4 out of 5 days. I used to eat out with one of my co-workers almost every day (especially when I could use pregnancy as my excuse...). But now that I'm pumping on my lunch break, I have to go to lunch at a different time than anyone else in the office and I only have 40 minutes of time that isn't consumed by pumping. I did really good when I first came back to work after my maternity leave, but now I've been eating out all the time. I've got to get back into bringing my lunch!!

I guess that's all for now. Hopefully I'll find more interesting topics for my daily blogs. I know no one really cares about if I'm meal planning or not... I'm totally not. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to meal plan too...well, at least I've THOUGHT about it (does that count?). Yesterday I tried to write some things down and I ended up writing down the same things we ALWAYS eat (quesadillas, spaghetti, tacos - boring!). I need some new ideas and a larger grocery budget...and maybe some more time...doubt that will come anytime soon though.

    ReplyDelete