Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday - A Shopping Adventure

Sunday was another nice day. It was not one of those lazy Sundays like I enjoy so much, but it was still very fun. When Addison woke up at 7:30, I went and got her and fed her and then she was still so sleepy that I brought her back to bed with me and she slept so good. In fact all three of us slept so good that we didn't wake back up until 10:30. Well, needless to say we didn't make to Sunday School, but did make it to worship and we were only 5 minutes late. Yes, I am Wonder woman. I got myself and a baby church-ready in less than 25 minutes!

After church and lunch (Yummy Japanese with my sister and cousin, both home for the weekend!!) Addison and I met up with LeeAnn and Salem. We all rode up to Winston to the Fair grounds where they were having a Children's consignment sale and Sunday was 50% off day. We got there and both of the girls were sound asleep. It was so cute because they we both sleeping in the same position, with their little heads slumped over to the right. Here's the little sweeties:



Anyways, after we got out of the car with the the babies situated in their stroller or carrier, we headed off to the big Consignment sale... you know, the one that was NOWHERE in sight. There was a Gem Show going on and everyone we asked about how to get to the sale gave us very vague, general "that way" directions to where we needed to be. So we walked around in circles for about 25 minutes and finally, through the glare of the building doors, we saw relief in the form of tiny little clothes hanging on their hangers. We were so hot and tired. I had sweat dripping down my back. It didn't help that I was carrying Addison on my chest in her little Carrier that we have. All the body heat was killing me.

I think that the sale ended up being worth it, because I came out with a little Fisher-Price crib aquarium thing that sings and makes bubbles, 4 footed PJs and 3 long sleeve/long pants rompers (soo cute), 25 new Breast milk storage bags and 3 bibs, all for $21. I was so excited! All of the clothes that I got were almost new looking with no stains! I'll have to take a picture and show it all off. LeeAnn got several little outfits for Miss Salem, including an ADORABLE little pink an white dress with a long sleeved pink onesie. If that dress had been a little bigger, I may would have fought her for it (Just Kidding!) but Addison seems to be growing so quickly that I didn't need another dress for her to be wearing right now.

While we were looking, Salem decided that she needed to eat right then. And of course once Addison heard/saw that Salem was getting her afternoon snack, she wanted hers as well. So we'll add the big consignment kids sale to the list of public places that I've now breastfed my baby. It was back in a corner and there wasn't a lot of traffic, so I didn't feel weird doing it. People probably thought it was a designated corner, since LeeAnn and I both were nursing babies. haha!

After the sale, we decided to hit up Once Upon a Child. LeeAnn had never been and still wanted to find a baby carrier like Addison's and I was on the lookout for a doorway jumper. I really like that store, but, wow, was it crowded! They set out all of the Halloween outfits and there was hardly room to walk around especially with a stroller in tow. I got cloth diapers (for burp clothes, NOT cloth diapering! I'll leave that up to Gena. :) ). It was a brand new package of 12 that sells for $12 at Walmart and I got them for $3.50. It turned out to be a success. I found my doorway jumper and LeeAnn found her baby carrier, both at great prices and with little wear. Yay for consignment sales!!

The evening wrapped up with a small cookout at my in-law's (Jeff and Gena) house. So it was a very fun weekend. I can't wait until we have our next mommy/daughter shopping trip. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment