Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tenth Avenue North

I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but when we were on our first flight to Reno, we sat next to a famous musician (Famous may be stretching it a little, but his group is famous and comes on the radio all the time). So, Jordan was sitting next to this guy and they were talking about flying and how often they had flown in the recent past and Jason (the guy) says this is his sixth flight this month. So that prompts Jordan to ask why. He replies that he travels for his work. So we pry and ask what he does for a living. He plays music professionally. Okay what type of music? Christian/contemporary. Now, I'm getting excited because that is the type of music I normally listen to and I know a lot of the band names, so I ask what group he's in.

TENTH AVENUE NORTH.

Turns out we sat next to Jason Jamison, the drummer for the group Tenth Avenue North. He is a super nice guy and extremely humble (Obviously from all of the prying we had to do to get it out of him). I told him I love his group (I do) but I went totally blank and couldn't think of a single song that they sing. I felt dumb, but he was very nice about it. And now, thanks to Jordan, I am a proud owner of their first CD "Over and Underneath" and I love every song on it. I can even tell you all the songs that come on the radio by Tenth Avenue North. Jason even took an interest in our little Addison. He was telling us about his daughter and flying with her and how he misses her when he's away. He was a really nice guy and I think the whole group would be the type of people that Jordan and I would be friends with. He ended up giving us a sneak peek (listen?) of one of their new songs coming out later this year. Awesome! Here is a link to one of Jason's posts about their tour. (And, yes, he was wearing the beret on the plane when we met him).

No comments:

Post a Comment