Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Stretch Marks, Cellulite and Shedding, Oh My!

Okay, so I dedicate this post to new mothers (or old ones, hehe...j/k, we'll say seasoned mothers) out there. I just wanted to say a word about the affects that pregnancy/delivery has on your body. Don't worry, I'm not gonna get all detailed and gross, but here's my list:

1. Cellulite: I can't say that pregnancy was the cause of this one since, well, I had some before I got pregnant. I think that I will feel better if I blame being pregnant, though, so let's just pretend! ;). I will say that it got a lot worse when I was pregnant (36 extra pounds will do that) and then has lingered even after losing all of my baby weight and then some. I hate that it's there, but really, I don't look at my butt in the mirror that often, so I'm not the one who has to look at it (And really, I'm never in a bathing suit unless I'm at the beach and that is not very often either)! haha!!

2. Stretch Marks: I never dreamed I'd get stretch marks. I don't know why, but I really didn't think it would happen to me. Well, it did. I have them all over my hips and thighs and butt and, ahem..up top. They aren't that bad, but I hate them, too! They are at least silver now instead of bright red.

3. (This will be a short one) Hemorrhoids: one word: OUCH!! (I mean really OUCH!)

4. Shedding: I knew that this was a possibility, but I didn't notice myself having super thick hair while being pregnant, so I didn't expect to lose it all postpartum. And now almost 4 months out, my hair is falling out by the hand fulls! It tickles my arms and neck! It probably is made worse by the fact that I am growing my hair out and so it's much monger now than it was when Addison was born.

5. Shifting of Body Parts: I knew this would happen. Although I am about 4 pounds less now than I was prepregnancy(NEVER thought I'd see the day... Breastfeeding rocks!!!), my clothes are fitting all differently. My pants are actually loser on me and all my shirts are too short and too tight. That is an obvious change that's made a bit more lasting by the fact that I am breastfeeding. It surprises me that my bottom half is smaller now. I've given away so many pairs of pants thinking I'd never be back into them, and now I'd be close to them fitting great. I actually am wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear since before Christmas 3 years ago (One of my surprise birthday presents, I wore them when Jordan took me out to dinner that night!!)

6. Digestion changes: Let's just say I miss the regularity that I had before I was pregnant. And taking into account my #3, this is not a good thing.

I can't think of anything else right now, but I'm sure there's more.

I say all of that to now say this: I wouldn't change a single thing!! I have minor annoyances from being pregnant. Some woman have horrible scars, disfigurement, conditions, that they have to live with, some with no baby to show for it. I want you to know that I don't take my blessings lightly. I thank God every day for giving me a beautiful perfect little girl who is growing and thriving. I am thankful for all of my motherhood badges of honor, no matter how annoying they may be to me. I feel extremely blessed when I think of all of the heartaches I have been saved from. God really does take care of us. I try to remember this when I'm tired or in pain or am just having a bad day. There is always someone who has it WAY worse than I do. I have been blessed way beyond words and beyond what I deserve.

Thank you, God, for always taking care of me and my family. Thank you for your grace and your Son who died for us. In His name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment