Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ah, the sweet sound of laughter

I am so excited about what I am about to say. We had such a good long Labor Day weekend. We got spend time with family and friends and just hang out around the house. Good times! On Friday, my friend LeeAnn called to see if we would like to come over for dinner, so we had dinner with her and Chuck and their baby girl (and Addison's (future) BFF), Salem. We had yummy baked spaghetti and played Rook, a game in which the girls did some serious whipping up on the boys! We also went for a walk and just talked in the living room. Jordan was holding Salem and LeeAnn had my Addison while we were sitting around. Here's the good part: LeeAnn was holding Addison so that she was facing me and I was talking to her and smiling and tickling her and she was soo happy and sweet and all of a sudden came out this beautiful little giggle. That was the first real time that she had laughed and it was such a special moment (Earlier in the week, she almost laughed at Macy and Tripp playing with each other, but she couldn't quite get it out as anything more than a grunt/squeal). Given that Jordan was the first recipient of the Addison smile, I love the fact that she laughed at me first. She was really into it. she would lean forward and I would come in toward her and she would lean back and throw her little head back and laugh. It just melted my heart. I love that little baby so much that sometimes I think my heart might just burst.

On Saturday we went to Bethabara Park in Winston with Chuck, LeeAnn and Salem. We had a nice picnic lunch and then played Bocce Ball in the shade, while the girls slept in their strollers. That night we went back to the Cline residence and watched Push (slightly strange movie, but pretty good). Addison passed out at 8 and slept for 11 straight hours. She, apparently, had a great time at the park. It wore her plum out. For some pictures and retelling of the weekend "adventure" go to LeeAnn's blog post.

Sunday was a sleepy day. Jordan had to work, so Addison and I went to church and to a fellowship meal at my parents church and stayed for signing service afterward. Then we went home and I think we took naps (I don't really remember). When Jordan got home, we all went and visited Jordan's uncle Greg who is in the hospital battling lung cancer (please pray for him, it's not looking too good right now...) and we ate at one of the best places ever...COOKOUT!!! Yum! The we went home and watched The Sound of Music while my beautiful girl slept on my chest. I could have stayed that way forever.

Monday Jordan and I (and of course Little Miss Pris) went to Home Depot and attempted to go to Chick-fil-a and get a free sandwich but when we saw the line wrapped completely around the building and out of the parking lot, we decided it would be well worth the extra money to go to a different place for lunch. Addison was just a doll and did so go the whole time (really she does good most all the time. She's an easy baby most of the time, just so sweet and huggable and adorable) We watched 17 Again with Matthew Perry and Zach Efron. It was a cute little movie. So all and all it was a great weekend. But anytime I get to spend with my girl is a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment