Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Babies R us, Deals us R NOT

Yesterday I went to babies R us during my lunch break specifically because I had some coupons to use before they expired. I have had this little fold out coupon book since the beginning of November and have had to wait until the beginning date started to use them (the cover says valid 11/29-12/12). One (the most valuable one) was for $10 off 2 value boxes of Pampers diapers, one for 15% off all clothing purchased and one for 15% off one baby item. I did price checking for diapers to make sure that babies r us didn't jack up their diaper prices then give you the coupon that allows you to get them for the same price you could elsewhere. They actually had good prices (on diapers) to start with, so the coupon was going to be great!! So I went during lunch yesterday and got my cart full of two BIG boxes of diapers and a few really cute dresses and some breast milk storage bags (because I go through these like crazy). I got up to the register, unloaded everything, gave the clerk my coupons and explained how I wanted them used, when she looks at them and says "I'm sorry, but these are all expired."

What?!? I just looked at her in disbelief for a minute and pulled out the cover of the coupon book thing that I had to show her that they went until 12/12 when it hit me that some of the coupons have a shorter valid period than the others. The three that I wanted to use had expired on 12/5 and only ONE coupon out of the six expired on 12/12. I felt so misled!! They shouldn't print that on the front if not all of them are valid until then! They make you jump through so many hoops just to use the coupon, sometimes I feel like it is just not even worth it. I ended up with a different 15% coupon that wasn't expired and only purchased the milk storage bags. I apologized but told her I didn't want the rest of it. I felt pretty stupid for not checking, but I still feel that they need to change their misleading advertising!!

Oh well, I have another $10 off two boxes of diapers at home that I do fully intend to use before it expires. I will triple check the date before I go this time.

3 comments:

  1. Just think! Washing/drying gauze diapers is a lot cheaper -- no worry about expiration dates of coupons.

    Your ole fuddyduddy grandaddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, although it would be cheaper, I just don't see that happening. ha,ha. That makes me laugh! Love you Grandaddy!!

    ReplyDelete