Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

McDaniel Christmas Party

On Saturday we ventured out into the white winter wonderland to go to my family's Christmas party. This is for my Dad's side of the family. It's a huge bunch of people and we always have a big party at my cousins log cabin house every year. I think Addison makes the total fifty now (including Grandpa, who died in 2007). We used to do a theme every year. A few years in a row we did pajama party and two years ago we did cowboy/western.My grandparents have 5 kids. My dad is the oldest. This is from 2007 when we did a cowboy theme. It's my dad, his brothers and sisters and my Grandma (in the middle).
This is the eleven grand kids. Ten girls, one boy. I'm the baby.

(I love this picture of him! I didn't have it on my computer, so I had to take a picture of the picture. That is why the flash shows up the way it does. I couldn't get a great one in focus with out the flash.) All of us grand kids wanted to honor my Grandpa by wearing overalls. He always wore his overalls and we loved him for it!

This is my Grandma with the eleven grand kids and then 15 great-grands. Now there are 17 great-grands. This only shows 13, since 4 didn't make it due to the snow. You may notice that the girls still outnumber the boys in the next generation. There are only 4 boys out of the 17. Don't ask how or why. I don't know what's up with the girls, but I'll take 'em.


Here's Grandma with the girls (that were there). Oh, and "Baby Addison" is in this picture twice. She's up in the back beside of Grandma and also in the front in plastic form. My little cousin Emilee named her baby doll Baby Addison, after my precious baby doll.

Isn't she just adorable??

This is my cousin's oldest son, Jackson. He is such a good kid and super smart. He is also enamored with Addison. He passes notes down the pew to us in church that say things like, "Send Addie Kate to me. She needs me to hold her." All of the great-grand kids drew names for getting Christmas presents and Addison got Jackson's name. So we got him a set of books that he wanted. He was excited. The boy loves to read.
Here's Kyla wearing Addison's headband. She looks like a flapper from the 1920s. :)
I like the headband better than the elf ears. haha. She sure does love being Auntie Kyla to my Addison.
This is my cousin Greg. He is moving home from Raleigh and is starting a job at Wachovia in January. We are becoming a family of bankers. haha.
He is so great with the kids. All of them love him to pieces. He has about 10 little girl friends. Here he is with Mia Claire and Jordan with Addison.This was Addison opening her first Christmas present. She was in awe of the wrapping paper.

Then all she wanted to do was eat everything. She got a big stuffed mouse and this adorable book. We love it!! We all had such a good time! I'll put some more group pictures up when I get them from my Aunt Viv.

No comments:

Post a Comment