Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

BABY'S FIRST THANKSGIVING

Here are some pictures of Addison's First Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful time! Everyone came to our house for Thanksgiving and we had a TON of food, ALL of which was delicious!! (Notice the bib in this picture. I love it! Also notice the object in Addison's hand that is going straight into her mouth. Yes, that is a PACI. Shocking, I know. She will put it into her mouth long enough to suck on it and form a good suction on it then pull it out really fast so that it makes a pop sound. Silly girl! She'll only take it on her terms, not if I give it to her, and not to soothe herself. Pacis are strictly for fun and playing now.

Addison enjoyed eating sweet potatoes (baby food) as her Thanksgiving meal. She downed the entire one ounce container (which never happens in one sitting).
She just kept opening up that sweet little mouth.

This picture kills me!! She had just decided that blowing bubbles into the sweet potato-filled spoon would be great fun. Shortly thereafter she learned that it wasn't as fun as it seems when the sweet potatoes go in your eye! She got them all over her face and into her right eye then turned to my sister (who was taking this picture) with this expression on her face. So funny!
She was the entertainment for all of us.
Along with Conner. He would run around the back of Addison's high chair and pop out on either side and yell. Addison would jump every time. She wasn't scared, but wasn't loving it either. Conner, though, WAS loving it. He did this for 5 minutes straight and was laughing hysterically the whole time. He is such a sweet boy. I was holding him at one point and told him that I loved him. He said "I love you, too" and Jordan overheard him and asked if he loved him too. Conner replies "I don't love you"... Opps. Jordan pretended to have his feelings hurt and Conner did give him a hug later. I just LOVE that little boy. he melts my heart!! (He did tell his other aunt that I was his favorite Aunt!! Not sure if he really meant that or if he was just being a little punk with her, but I was honored!! I'll take it either way! :)Here is Conner with his daddy, Brent. Brent is the maker of the to-die-for fried turkey! It was sooo good!!
This is my cousin, Zach. He is from Reno, NV, but is in the Air Force and is stationed at a Georgia Army base. It's only about 3.5 to 4 hours to drive to my house from there, so he has been able to visit about every month. We are so glad that he was able to spend the holiday weekend with us. I always have so much fun when he visits!! We play games and talk and eat...good times! We always have to introduce him to the southern way; eating persimmons or turnips, or explaining the process of frog-giggin, teaching him phrases like "pocket book" (it's a purse up north) or "trying to get sick" (No, we don't want to get sick, but we are in the beginning stages). It's a learning process.
Here's Mom and Dad. I really like this picture!! Addison was asleep when we took this, or she would have been in one of their arms.

Me and my sister, Kyla. She told me I was wearing a Kyla outfit with my glasses and fall, rust colored shirt. And she was wearing a Jenny outfit with her pink, girl, bow-tied shirt. Ha, ha. We switched rolls.

Here is Ellett, the other (Main, really) star of Thanksgiving. He was such a good little boy. He slept most of the time, waking up just to eat. I will say that this little guy does NOT like to have his diaper changed. That was the only time he cried (which I felt horrible about since I was the one changing him!!, which, BTW, was completely weird for me because #1 he is sooo tiny and it seems so long ago that Addison was that little, and #2 he's a boy, and well, it's just very different to change a boy diaper when you are used to changing a little girl's. Take notice of sweet little Ellett hair. He is a natural rock star. See his mo-hawk. It goes straight down the middle of his head, all the way back.

He's is just soo sweet!!

I stayed like this for quite some time. I was soaking up the feel of a sleeping newborn napping on your chest. It's like a high for me!! I've always liked the idea of holding babies, but I've never been comfortable with it until Addison. I never imagined how much I would love to hold them, or how much I would long to hold Addison when she is away from me. Jordan and I just watch her on her monitor while she sleeps and talk about going to her crib and picking her up just to hold her and cuddle.

Lori had my Addison, while I snuggled up with her Ellett. Conner was playing with Addison and being such the good boy!I love this picture of Lori and Addison. Addison was trying to give Lori a kiss. So cute!
I have decided that Thanksgiving has finally won out over Christmas fro being my favorite holiday! It is lots of eating and time spent with family and less stress than Christmas. I love giving presents, but it's stressful and hectic to me. Maybe if I had started buying back in July... Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment