Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

Jordan finally bought a Christmas Tree yesterday!! We have said for the past two weekends that we were going to get one but its been so rainy and muddy and we've had things come up so we hadn't made it to the lots yet. I was so excited to get home and see this BEAUTIFUL tree sitting in our living room last night! I love having a live tree. It's the perfect size and has a great shape to it. It smells so wonderful, too!! So we spent the evening watching The Biggest Loser finale (Wow, those people got skinny!!!) and decorating the tree. I normally hate decorating the tree and feel kind of like Scrooge, but this year I was quite giddy! I don;t know why, but I am so excited about Christmas this year (Most likely because it's Addison's first Christmas).

with the flash

without the flash
The tree looks so pretty!! Its got red and lime green balls, silver and champagne colored balls, and glitter and pearly white balls. Its also got some red and champagne sparkly bows and a ton of white lights.

with the flash

without the flash
I love the tree topper that we've put on it. It a star, but not a tacky one. It looks like it's an antique from the 1920s. It's silver, but looks kind of tarnished, so its not bright and shiny metal. Inside the metal it a hard plastic that looks like rice paper, so I stuck some lights up in the five points and it glows now. I am so excited about it!!

Addison was already in her crib asleep, so she didn't get to see the tree yet, but I'm interested to how she likes it. We were at some friends house on Monday and Addison was definitely liking their tree. Anytime I was holding her near it she looked at it in awe and tried to grab and pull on the branches. So cute! I imagine this year won't be as hard to keep her away from the tree as it will be next year. I have thought that the tree might just be the motivation she needs to start crawling. She is on the brink of it, moving and twisting as best she can, but she isn't quite there yet. We'll see how the holiday season unfolds. Is 7 months a normal crawling age?

I hope everyone is getting ready for Christmas and looking forward to it as much as I am!! Happy decorating!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your excited about Christmas. Thanksgiving was great this year, and I think Christmas will be too!!! It's nice...the family time with our true family! I think next year's Christmas will totally rock cuz I'll be a GRADUATE!!!! woo hoo!!! Love you so much! The tree looks great. See you Friday night!

    ReplyDelete