Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Sick of being sick!

So I haven't posted in a while but I promise I have a good excuse! About two weeks ago I started feeling pretty snotty and ended up sick with a sinus infection. I went to the Doctor and got antibiotics which I preceded to take for the next 4 days. On the forth day I woke up feeling really sick to my stomach. By lunch time I was feeling really bad and by 3:00 I had thrown up in the break room at work. This worried me significantly. Here's why:

(phone conversation with Jordan)
me: I just threw up
Jordan: Oh. Okay.
me: I can't remember the last time that I threw up and I wasn't pregnant. I'm hoping this was it.
Jordan: (after long pause) What are you saying?
me: I don't know. I don't think I'm pregnant but I never throw up. Unless I'm pregnant.
(this was pretty much the end of that conversation.)

(30 minutes later)
Jordan: Go buy a pregnancy test, and take it now.
me: I'm at work!
Jordan: So leave and take a test now.
me: I'll get one when I get off. Chill!
Jordan: Fine. Call me when you take one.

I ended up leaving work early (not because I was anxious about being pregnant, but because I felt some more vomiting coming on) and I made Jordan buy a pregnancy test at Walmart and bring it to me in the parking lot because I didn't feel like walking. or moving. or living. I felt pretty horrible at the moment. I took the test when I got home and could just see the positive mark coming up. I continued to stare at the empty circle for the next ten minutes.

Nothing.

The control line showed up so I figured that meant it worked, but neither one horizontal line for negative or one cross mark for positive showed up. So I made my way back to the floor of my room where I had thrown the box on my way to the toilet to read the instructions. Yes, I know, I should have read them first but I was too impatient, and Hello? I've done this before! Box says something like this...pee on the stick...control line in one box...empty circle for negative...one vertical line for positive. (Equate has changed their pregnancy tests, just so you know.) Ahhh, so the test was negative.

I texted (the blogger spell-checker is telling me that texted is not a word) Jordan because I was still feeling horrible and felt like I shouldn't open my mouth to talk or I would...well, you know. I ended up vomiting all night until about 3 AM. I have never felt that sick from the stomach bug. I continued to feel extremely nauseous for the next 3 or 4 days (to which every one's remark was "Are you sure you aren't pregnant?"). When I thought I could be pregnant I was more freaked about the fact that I would being feeling that horrible for the next 3 months than I was about the fact that I would have another baby in 9 months. I'm just finally starting to feel better and become friends with food again. I have hardly eaten anything which is COMPLETELY unlike me. I lost 5 pounds in 3 days. Not how I would recommend losing weight to anyone (although it puts me 3 pounds away from the weight I was when I got married 5 years ago. I'm 12/13 pounds down from my pre-pregnancy weight!)

Anyway, I'm NOT pregnant and I am feeling better! Next time I take a blogging break, I really hope it's for a different reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment