Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

A night gone to the dogs

Last night we were supposed to take Addison to the Candle Tea at Old Salem with our friends Chuck, LeeAnn and Salem. Notice I said supposed to go. We didn't make it.

Here's Chuck and Baby Salem. Doesn't she look adorable in her little hat??

"Mommy's little Sweetie" that's what her onesie says.

We met up at Moe's to eat dinner, which actually went okay. Addison took her bottle while Jordan and I ate (one ate while the other held the bottle, then switched).
Oh, and FYI, Addison has totally figured out the whole "if I drop my toy, then you'll pick it up and give it back to me so I can drop it all over again" game. She thinks it is great fun. She did this numerous times last night at dinner. Loved to watch as her toy fell to the ground. Silly girl! Here she is mid-drop.
Chuck and LeeAnn got there right as we finished eating and Addison decided that she needed to be super fussy. So we bounced her and rocked her and played with her and sang to her and walked with her and she just would NOT be calm. Right before we left I took her to change her diaper and she pitched an absolute fit! She squirmed and stiffened up and would not cooperate in any way. It took me forever to change her poopy diaper, which ended up getting all over her legs before I finally got her all cleaned up. She was screaming and red-faced. Thankfully the restaurant was really loud, so I don't think it really bothered any of the diners, but I was nearly in tears before we left.

As we were walking out to the cars I mentioned I wasn't sure that the tea was going to happen with Addison being in total melt down mode (and me teetering on the edge of my own meltdown). Then we get out to the car and Addison's stupid car seat (one that I formerly would tell you that I loved...) wouldn't cooperate either. I couldn't get the straps to pull out long enough to get Addison's arms through. I have had a little bit of trouble with this before, but I've always been able to fix it. Not last night. They wouldn't budge. I had Jordan try to figure it out then LeeAnn tried to fix it, all to no avail. I was holding an inconsolable Addison and was very near tears myself. We never got the straps fixed completely but we managed to get Addison safely (and pretty snugly) into her seat.

At that point, we all made the executive decision to try to go to the tea another night. Once we got her in the car seat, Addison calmed down and went to sleep. I knew if we stayed out with her, though she wouldn't stay asleep and would be just as cranky as soon as we woke her up. I don't think anything was wrong with her, except for being extremely tired. She had been out literally all day long with my mom and didn't get her usual long naps in, so she was tired and cranky. I hated that she was acting that way because I can say that she VERY rarely throws fits like that. She is normally so happy, sometimes slightly fussy, but still pleasant.

We invited Chuck, LeeAnn and Salem to come over to our house to watch Angels and Demons so that it wouldn't be a wasted evening. When we got home, Jordan went inside to let the dogs out while I tried to get Addison's car seat out of the car (it's sooo heavy now). He came back out and said that we were going to get rid of the dogs. Greeeaaat, what have they done now?? I went inside to see that our white shag rug in the living room was covered in runny doggy poop. This was one of the last straws we can take with them. We've been considering giving them away to new homes since before Addison was born, but have never gone through with it. I think we have a home for Macy and possibly for Tripp, but I am so torn over the decision. I really do love my puppies and enjoy having dogs (and not mention that Addison is completely enamored with them...) but I just can't take the poop and pee in the floor especially with a baby that is going to be crawling and scooting around all over the floors soon. I am so anxious over this and I am pretty sure that Jordan is for real about getting rid of them. I think he would have taken them to the pound last night if he could have. I know that dogs are not the most important thing in my life, but I am really going to miss them if they aren't around any more. I wish they would just quit pooping in the house and be good doggies, but I just don't think it's gonna happen.

The night got better (we ended up moving the rug completely outside and putting down a new one that Jordan had bought a couple weeks ago to go upstairs in the bonus room. As soon as the puppies find a new home, we'll move that one upstairs and buy a new one for downstairs.) The girls were perfect little babies.
They played shortly.

Here is Salem trying to crawl. This picture is a bit misleading because it certainly looks as if she is crawling, but she would stay still like this for just a few seconds before collapsing on the floor.

They went off to sleep shortly after we got home. I think we all enjoyed the movie (I do just have to put in here that the book is waaaay better!).

We are going to try again tonight to go to the tea at Old Salem, so hopefully everyone will be happier and we will have no meltdowns!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the joys of motherhood. Trust me, dear Jenny, we've all been there and done that (the uncooperative dirty diaper change; the very unsocial baby; the dog mess). This is God's way of demonstrating how his children are so disappointing to Him.
    We enjoy your blog soooooo much. Love, Grandaddy

    ReplyDelete