Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

Coughing, Sneezing, & A Trip Down Memory Lane

So we are enduring Addison's very first cold *sniff, sniff*. She developed a cough on Sunday, only worsening from there. Monday the sneezing started and after listening to her cough all night long, I took her to the doctor for her fist sick visit. Thankfully, she didn't wake herself up and slept through the whole night. I, on the other hand, did not sleep, because every time I heard her cough, I had to turn on the video part of her monitor to check that she was still breathing. I have no idea how one can sleep through what can only be described as coughing up a lung, but my little sleepyhead did it. She was not running a fever, but she was pulling at her ears quite often. I was worried about everything from swine flu to an ear infection, but thankfully it's just a cold. I had to pay $25 to hear this, but it was definitely worth the peace of mind in knowing that there is nothing to worry about (Except that there is always something to worry about when you have a child. I'm told that the worry will never go away and I'm okay with that).

She has been a real trooper and hasn't let this cold affect her mood. She is still my happy baby. She is developing a quite the personality. She has certain toys that she likes better than others and she gets pretty upset with you if you try to take something away from her that she wants. She has figured out that she is able to move around a lot, so she makes it quite challenging to hold her sometimes. She'll reach out and grab things so quickly, it is hard to stop her before she has said item in her mouth. She is such a sweetie pie and it's hard to believe that she will be 6 months old in less than a week.

Going to the hospital to see Ellett brought back so many memories for me. The same doctor delivered Addison in a room literally just around the corner. I remember being wheeled from the delivery room to my mother/baby room and going past the nursery to drop Addison off. I remember the sweet nurse who was with me through the delivery (And I hate that I cannot for the life of me remember her name). I remember holding Addison for the first time with so much emotion and joy that it overpowered my exhaustion. I remember the first time I feed her (about 2 hours after her birth) and how she took to breastfeeding with such ease. I remember how alert she was right after birth; how she would just look around and how peaceful I felt. I remember the first evening we spent in the hospital and how we took turns passing her from visitor to visitor and when they were all gone for the night, we got her all to ourselves. That was such an exhilarating yet terrifying realization.

Going through pregnancy and giving birth was such an awesome experience. I really ache for the women (and families) who can't have children and want them. I have always wanted to adopt a child (and still do, hopefully in the future we will be able to), but I have always wanted to carry and birth a baby. I always took for granted the fact that God would allow me to do so without any complications. The ease of my pregnancy, labor, delivery and new mommy transition period, really blows my mind. God is so gracious! I am so thankful for the many tremendous ways me has blessed my life!

Thank you, God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment