Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Welcome Matthew Ellett Collins!!

Jordan's sister, Lori and her husband, Brent welcomed Matthew Ellett Collins into the world last night. Lori has had a horrible pregnancy and has been in a tremendous amount of pain for the last 15 weeks or so. She was induced yesterday at 5:30 and had a pretty rough (2 failed attempts at an epidural before one was actually affective), but relatively quick (6 hrs) labor. She is still in need of prayers (aren't all new mothers?) with her on-going medical issues (kidney stones, lots of pain caused by said kidney stones, lots of procedures to fix said kidney stones, healing from giving birth...).
Matthew Ellett Collins
Born November 11, 2009
6 lbs, 9 ozs
18 inches

Ellett is a beautiful, tiny little guy and is very healthy! Lori and Brent were a patient couple and didn't know what the baby's gender would be until last night when he was born. I was very convinced that he was going to be a girl. I was obviously wrong. Is only a few ounces lighter than Addison was at birth, but he just seems so tiny. We were expecting this, though, since he was born at 37 weeks of gestation. Such a sweet baby boy!

I got the privilege of holding him today during my lunch break when I went to the hospital. I was on a complete newborn baby high!! Addison is only 6 months old, but I already miss the newborn stage. Mind you, I don't miss getting up 3 times a night to feed her, but I miss the newness and the smell and the tiny little hands and feet and the falling asleep in my arms with no effort, and the tiny little newborn-sized (clean) diapers. Look out, Ellett, our Aunt Jenny is going to hover around you like there is no tomorrow. I gotta get my (newborn) baby high from somewhere... :)
I had to put this picture on here. This was a sticker on the end table in the delivery room. I thought it was so funny! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment