Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

Four Babies and Some Cups

Saturday was another fun day! Addison and I hung out at home while Jordan was at work. We did a lot of this:

and this:

Addison entertained herself for over an hour while I got ready. She wouldn't go to sleep and wasn't fussy, so I put her in the middle of my bed with pillows up at the edges. She laid on her back and talked to and chewed on her toy (pictured above). She is just such a good baby!!

It was a relaxing, sleepy day. When Jordan got off work we went to our friends Charlin and BJ's house for a get-together. I've mentioned this before but in our Bible Study group that used to meet, there were four of us pregnant at the same time. So we finally got all of the babies together for the first time. It was BJ, Charlin and baby John (8.5 months), Blake, Jessica and baby Tyler (7 months), Jordan, me, and Addison (almost 6 months), and Chuck, LeeAnn and baby Salem (5 months).

This is Addison and John. Looks like they are just having a nice little conversation, doesn't it.Addison with John and Salem. Salem is not quite to the sitting unassisted stage yet, so LeeAnn had to steady her in between each picture so that she wouldn't go toppling over. John was so cute because he kept looking from one little girl to the other. I took tons of pictures and his little head keeps going back and forth in them.
Our two girls came in coordinating outfits! They are just so cute!!

And here's the big group. Salem (with a little help from daddy), Tyler(the only one who sat still and smiled the whole time we were taking pictures), Addison (she's thinking "What is that on my foot? Maybe I'll eat it in a minute..." or she's pooping. not sure which.) and John (just waiting until the right moment to make his escape).

And baby shot take 2. (John's moment to escape was at hand)
Here's Tyler flirting with the girls.
All the babies did really well. We got there at 5:30 and ate hot dogs and chips and salsa/cheese dip. We played a lot of "pass the baby(ies)" and they stayed pretty content most of the time. At one point the mommies were sitting in the floor with the four babies and all of them (the babies) had a plastic cup that they absolutely loved playing with. Who needs toys and books when you have cups, right? We didn't end up leaving until 9:30, which is waaayyy past Addison's bedtime, but she wasn't fussy or anything. I think she fell asleep as soon as I put her in the car. It was nice to know that we are still able to get together and enjoy time together even with the little ones thrown in the mix.
I'm so thankful to God for giving us godly friends and now for giving Addison godly playmates as well. The timing of all of this still amazes me. Four different couples in the same bible study have their first child within 3 1/2 months of each other. God is so amazing! (I am also very amazed at the fact the I grew a baby in my body and the fact that I can feed that baby with milk that my body produces. Still just mind-boggling to me. So I say again, God is sooo amazing!!) I'm hoping that we will be able to start up some sort of bi-weekly, or monthly meeting with every one again, although I don't see much bible studying happening with all of the little ones on the go. Maybe a short devo will be possible. I'm definitely praying that we will remain close as a group and that we will be able to bring our children up in the Lord together.
Oh, and please pray that Addison is not getting sick. She has developed a little couch and has been pulling on her right ear a lot in the past few days. I keep blaming it on teething, but I'm not entirely sure that's what it is and I think it's just wishful thinking that she is not actually getting sick. If she is sick, she certainly isn't acting like it, though. She's still just as happy as ever. Silly Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment