Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

I am sitting here at work anxiously awaiting my 1:00 lunch hour. I am trying not to drool. We all brought food today which has resulted in a very nice pre-Thanksgiving day spread. I can smell the turkey and dressing, broccoli casserole and green beans, chocolate cake and sweet potato roll-ups... the list goes on. As I'm dreaming of devouring it all, I can't help but think of those who are not a blessed as I am, who don't have the huge spread of delicious foods and treats. There are people who won't get anything to eat at all, and here I am hoping that the mound of food will be cooked to my liking and hoping that the turkey isn't dry. Wow, I feel so shallow. So I just want to remind you (as well as myself) that sometime amongst the hustle and bustle of the holidays, be mindful of those who are not as fortunate as you. Say a prayer and donate something that you don't need (or time-that is almost more welcome than money a lot of times) to a worthy cause. I hope to be able to bless someone this holiday season.

I hope everyone has great Thanksgiving! Take a moment to praise God for everything that you are thankful for; and maybe even some things you aren't. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment