Our Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Addison Kate's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ava Elizabeth's Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Man, this tastes good!!

Miss Addison had lots of yummy things this weekend! First of all she discovered her feet on Friday night. We were in the living room and I had just finished changing her diaper and had her laying on the couch with me. She started reaching for her feet and then pulled her right big toe right into her little mouth! I was so excited to see this because I think it is so adorable when babies try to eat their toes. Ah, yay!!almost there...
"Man, this is so yummy! Why hasn't anyone told me about these things before?!? Oh, wait, that's right. Mommy kept trying to stuff them in my mouth a few weeks ago."
Ever since this moment, Addison has had a constent desire to put her feet in her mouth. She'll grab her sock if she's wearing one and either pull it off or pull it to her mouth and suck on it. If she's is standing on my lap she will bend at the waist and try to get her mouth to her foot. If she's laying on her back she has her feet up to her mouth constantly. This is making diaper changes a bit more challenging. But I love watching her do it!!

We also had some more rice cereal on Saturday morning.

I think Addison was pretty into it...

What do you think? I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture. So cute!

It was so cute because I was sitting in front of her, feeding her the cereal and Kyla was behind my left shoulder with the camera. Every time Addison would open up for the spoon, Kyla would snap a picture. So Addison started catching on and as I got her attention with the spoon, she would look at the spoon with her mouth wide open (above picture) and as I moved the spoon closer to her mouth...

...she would turn to look at Kyla with the camera because she knew what was coming. She did this every time! It was just adorable!!

I'm wanting to make some home made baby food and freeze it for Addison. I'm not going to start any other solids besides the rice cereal until after she turns six months old (in two weeks), then we'll start with some avocado, bananas, butternut squash, carrots (store bought), sweet potatoes, some other veggies that I can't think of right now. I'm going to try and stay away from the fruits for a little while so that she will accept the not-so-sweet things before she develops a taste for the sweet stuff and refuses the veggies. I'm really excited about this. She is turning into such a big girl! I love this age! (I think I say that for every age that she has gone through.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh she is SO cute! Love the food pictures. I can't wait to start Salem on solids...but I know I need to wait for allergy reasons. Poor girl has another eczema outbreak right now :(

    Oh, and EARLY this morning when I was nursing Salem, I read in a Parenting magazine a reminder to make sure and give our babies green vegetables early or else they tend to refuse them later. This will be harder to do I think b/c the non-green ones are so much easier to make your own but I'm going to see what we can do...organic veggies for the baby...higher grocery bill, here we come! (although I'm going to try to see if I can find frozen organic veggies...hopefully they'll be cheaper than the fresh ones and they're just as good for her)

    ReplyDelete